Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas

Warm Winter Wishes - 2 Ways


I decided to try this card two ways, one as an oval and the other as a round.  The poinsettia is from Clear Dollar Stamps - Flower of the Month (5887).  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up set Winter Memories (127937)


After stamping the image on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla card stock, I cut it out using a Spellbinders oval die cut.  Leaving the image on the die I sponged around the edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I then colored with Copic Markers BG000, G40 and E42, highlighting areas with glue pen and sprinkling with fine glitter.  The image was sewn onto a Spellbinders scalloped oval.  I also sewed the background card stock from My Mind's Eye Stomp to a piece of Stampin' Up Marina Mist.  The card base and ribbon are also Stampin' Up. 

For my second version I changed up the background paper to  a K& Company mat pad called "Botanical".  I used the same technique as for the blue card but used Copic Markers R30, E42 and G40.  The ribbon is Martha Stewart.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards.
    Hope you had a very merry Christmas and I would like to wish you a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete