Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Senior-ita Wanda Sending You A Kiss

Shhh! This is a surprise.  I made this card for my sister for her birthday and sent it off in the mail today.  I love this image by Stamping Bella and knew I had to use it to send my Sis a BIG FAT KISS for her birthday.  Wanda reminds me of our Great-Aunt (looks kinda like her too!)

I made what I call a Camera Lens card, because it reminds me of the shutter on a camera, as it telescopes closed to snap the image.  It was simple and fun to make.  Sis will get a big kick out of this one.




As you open the card the sides pull the lens open...


to reveal that big fat kiss. 


MWAHHHHHHH!

This is an A2 card, the base of the card is Stampin' Up Rich Razzelberry.  The designer papers are from a package of Note Cards that I picked up at Marshall's because I liked all of the pretty colors and the heavier weight worked well for the shutter.


I made two more Camera Lens cards:



For these two I used a SU Early Expresso base and BoBunny Mama-Razzi Shutterbug paper.  The camera stamp is by Stampin' Up (retired long ago).  Ok smile is from the It's Your Day set by Close To My Heart, and the Happy Birthday is from SU set Button Bear also long ago retired.

I originally saw this card on Jan Tinklenberg's blog (August 29, 2009) called a Magical Marquee Card. Designed by Susan Cobb.  Jan has a tutorial here:  http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2009/08/the-marvelous-magical-marqee-card-video-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment