Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2015

Mixed Media Art Bird Tags


This blue bird tag was my first attempt at the Dina Wakley painted tag lesson.  This one will be for my next workshop homework assignment, wherein we were to make a mixed media tag with one of the Julie Nutting tags from her Tag Pad.

First I applied Gesso to the tag in a very thin layer with a pallet knife and let it dry.  Next was an application of Aqua acrylic paint edged with Navy.  I free handed the bird and painted it with more of the Aqua, Navy, Eggplant, yellow and orange acrylic paints.  Gesso was used for the white areas.  I redrew around the bird and branch with a Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen.  Washy Tape was also used.

Stamp sets use for this tag are:  Stampin' Up Music Notes wheel, Bloomin' Marvelous, Happy Watercolor and retired, Feathered Hope.



This tag was made for the Split Coast Stampers Color Challenge CC513  I used gray, bay blue and pink.  Taking a lesson from artist Dina Wakley on applying acrylic paint to paper, I drew my own version of her squiggly bird onto Neenah Solar White card stock, painted the bird and cut it out.  The tag base is from a tag pad by Julie Nutting.  Stamp sets used for this piece are Stampin' Up, An Open Heart and Butterfly Basics.



No comments:

Post a Comment