Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Art Anthology Under The Sea Treasure Box


This year at the Scrapbook Expo in Santa Clara, California, Stayce DeWitt, Owner/Director of Education at Art Anthology gave this Under Sea Treasure Box class   Stayce is an independent business owner working out of her home and her paints are fabulous.  This class was way outside my comfort zone of neat and clean crafting, but it turned out wonderful and it only took 5 days to get all of the ink out of my cuticles. (I took gloves, why didn't I use them!!!)  It was so much fun playing with the paints and stencils and other materials.


I used the Tim Holtz die cut of the Seahorse given in class, using molding paste to add some depth then painting with orange paint.  

I did not have time to complete my tags during class, so I brought them home and finished them with what I have on hand.  
The seagulls, starfish and sand dollar were cut out on the Cricut using the "Life Is A Beach" cartridge.  The small seashells on the tag were from my stash, gathered on our local, Shell Beach.


Thank you Stayce for showing me that we can play with paints and the results are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment